Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Top 5 Wednesday- Non-YA Books


I actually have very few of my adult books here at school with me. But I do have two of my favorites: 
In no particular order:
  1. S. by JJ Abrams
  2.  Cormoran Strike Series by Robert Galbraith
  3. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
  4. Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
  5. Jar City by Arnaldur Indridason







 This book is so fantastic and even though it is really confusing with the margin notes and extras. It is basically just JJ Abrams showcasing his imagination.














I have not read The Silkworm yet, but The Cuckoo's Calling was amazing. Harry Potter showed that JKR could write mystery novels, this series has proved it.







A Tale of Two Cities is not only an amazing book, it also happens to be a classic. One that I will always cherish. Plus it has the best line ever!
"Do you think I particularly like you?"

Cloud Atlas is another bizarre book that takes you through different generations and time periods but with the same characters. This book was slow to get into, but in the end it was worth reading. The movie wasn't great though...

And finally, Jar City. I read this in my Crime in Scandinavian class and absolutely loved it. Plus it takes place in Iceland which is number one on my countries I need to visit list. And it is another crime novel which is where most of my adult fiction comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment