Sunday, February 1, 2015

January 2015 Wrap-Up/February 2015 TBR


With school starting in the middle of this month, my reading was lower than it has been recently. I  completed 14 books and am in the middle of two.

I know this semester I'm not going to be able to read as much as I would like, but I'm hoping I can read 2 books a week in February (plus Feb is a short month).

As for #0by16, I was at 81 (this number may be slightly off since my books are split between school and home and counting is hard). However, I think I can safely say that I am under 70. I also did pretty good on the whole not buying any books (that does not apply to Andrew Smith or Sarah J. Maas books however). I only bought one book this month, Shadowcry by Jenna Burtenshaw, I used a giftcard and it was only $7 so I'm counting January as a success.

As for what I actually read, here is the list:
  1. Ghost Medicine by Andrew Smith (3.5 Crowns)
  2. Insurgent by Veronica Roth (3 Crowns)
  3. Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter (4 Crowns)
  4. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare (5 Crowns)
  5. Red Rising by Pierce Brown (5 Crowns)
  6. The Bane Chronicles (4 Crowns)
  7. Golden Son by Pierce Brown (5 Crowns)
  8. H2O by Virginia Bergin (2 Crowns)
  9. The Brokenhearted by Amelia Kahaney (3.5 Crowns)
  10. The Silence of Six by E. C. Myers (5 Crowns)
  11. Paper or Plastic by Vivi Barnes (4 Crowns)- Review coming
  12. Ever Darkening by Janeal Falor (3 Crowns)
  13. Save by Roy by Terry Frei and Adrian Dater (4 Crowns)
  14. Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn (4 Crowns)- Review coming
I'm in the middle of The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black and The Shadowhunter's Codex by Cassandra Clare and Joshua Lewis. I should finish the first  soon, as for the Codex, it is so full of information I will not be reading it that much just a little here and there.

A new thing I'm going to try this year to help lower my TBR is to pick 4 books each month from my owned books TBR Jar to help force myself to accomplish #0by16. After those 4, I can then read any eBook or pick another from the jar.  New releases I will most likely be reading right away.

And the winners are...
 


1. The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima
2. Pig Island by Mo Hayder
3. Wither by Lauren Destefano
4. The Calling (Endgame) by James Frey


And on a personal side note, if you have not noticed I'm trying to make my posts better and more frequent.

As always let me know how you did in January and what your plans are for February!

No comments:

Post a Comment