Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray (Waiting on Wednesday #4)

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that everyone’s eagerly anticipating!

Just an FYI, this is a sequel so the summary could be considered a little spoilery. 

Ever since she used the Firebird, her parents' invention, to cross into alternate dimensions, Marguerite has caught the attention of enemies who will do anything to force her into helping them dominate the multiverse—even hurting the people she loves. She resists until her boyfriend, Paul, is attacked and his consciousness scattered across multiple dimensions.

Marguerite has no choice but to search for each splinter of Paul’s soul. The hunt sends her racing through a war-torn San Francisco, the criminal underworld of New York City, and a glittering Paris where another Marguerite hides a shocking secret. Each world brings Marguerite one step closer to rescuing Paul. But with each trial she faces, she begins to question the destiny she thought they shared.

The second book in the Firebird trilogy, Ten Thousand Skies Above You features Claudia Gray’s lush, romantic language and smart, exciting action, and will have readers clamoring for the next book.

Ten Thousand Skies Above You will be released November 3rd, 2015 by HarperTeen!

I have so many thoughts about this trilogy. First, the books have the most amazing covers. I love this one with Paris and San Fransisco. I also love how the titles complement each other with the first book being A Thousand Pieces of You. I absolutely loved A Thousand Pieces of You and am now eagerly awaiting diving into the next installment. 

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?

6 comments:

  1. I keep seeing all these gorgeous covers this week! I can't wait to see your thoughts on this book! I hope to see you around my blog

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live for gorgeous covers! It is my weakness! There have many so many great ones recently.

      Delete
  2. I tried book one of this series on audiobook and really couldn't get into it... and gave up a couple hours in. Oops! Maybe I should give the series another try. I hope you get to read this soon!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should give it another shot! I personally am not a huge fan of audiobooks, but I know a lot of people enjoy them!

      Delete
  3. Great pick! I really want to check out this series because it sounds so good. I love parallel universes! I'm a new follower. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claudia Gray does such a good job of delineating the different universes so each one is unique. You definitely should start the trilogy before the 2nd one comes out.

      Also, thanks for following!

      Delete