Wednesday, July 1, 2015

The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness (Waiting on Wednesday #3)

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that everyone’s eagerly anticipating!

What if you aren’t the Chosen One?

The one who’s supposed to fight the zombies, or the soul-eating ghosts, or whatever the heck this new thing is, with the blue lights and the death?

What if you’re like Mikey? Who just wants to graduate and go to prom and maybe finally work up the courage to ask Henna out before someone goes and blows up the high school. Again.

Because sometimes there are problems bigger than this week’s end of the world, and sometimes you just have to find the extraordinary in your ordinary life.

Even if your best friend is worshiped by mountain lions.

Award-winning writer Patrick Ness’s bold and irreverent novel powerfully reminds us that there are many different types of remarkable.

The Rest of Us Just Live Here will be released October 6th, 2015 by HarperTeen!

I've never read a Patrick Ness book, even though I always hear great things about them. That being said the synopsis of this one has me beyond intrigued. I love the idea of telling a story about that "ordinary" person who is living among all these people who are saving the world. I also really love the cover (and it will glow in the dark)!

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?

3 comments:

  1. I've never read a Patrick Ness book either, but this one sounds epic. The cover is brilliant! I didn't know about the glow in the dark effect, how cool! HarperTeen always does the best covers.

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pumped for this one! I loved the Chaos Walking series so I'm excited to read more by Patrick Ness.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep saying how this one totally reminds me of a specific Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode. Can't wait to read it. Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete