Monday, August 3, 2015

July Wrap Up


July was a really interesting month for me. I was not really doing much, so I had lots of time to read, but I was very slumpy and just did not feel like reading. As a result, I read way less than I normally would. And I completely failed when it came to following my TBR. The worst part was when it got to be the last part of the month, I felt like I had failed because I had not ready 15+ books like I have been doing in the past. I realized that I've been having such amazing months reading that 6 books and 3 graphic novels felt like failure to me. This also made me realize that reading 6 books is amazing, that is more than one a week and that is more than many people accomplish and I should be proud of myself instead of mad because I did not have an amazing reading month.

So long story short, I did not read as much in July as I normally do, and while my TBR may still be out of control, I'm happy with being able to read 6 (or 9, depending on how you look at it) books this month! As always links to reviews, if I have them!
  1. Locke and Key Vol. 2 by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez (4 Crowns)
  2. P. S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han (3 Crowns)
  3. Ensnared by A. G. Howard (4 Crowns)
  4. Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George (2 Crowns)
  5. The Collector by Victoria Scott (4 Crowns)
  6. Locke and Key Vol. 3 (4 Crowns)
  7. Locke and Key Vol. 4 (4 Crowns)
  8. The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd (4.5 Crowns)
  9. The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent (4 Crowns)
I was also in the middle of Tithe by Holly Black at the end of the month and have since finished it, but technically finished it in August not July.

This month I read 2,829 pages which is still amazing even if it is way lower than my normal total.
 
#0by16 is getting to the point where I'm probably going to fail, but I'm trying not to put that much pressure on myself. I'm at least keeping my TBR constant at around 60 books, so I'm not increasing it drastically each month, which is an accomplishment. Hopefully I can continue to lower that number by the end of the year.

Look for my August TBR later today. How did you do in July? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I also gave P.S. I Still Love You 3 stars. It just did not live up to my expectations.

    ReplyDelete