Friday, August 7, 2015

Review: P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han


Title: P.S. I Still Love You
Author: Jenny Han
Publication Date: May 26th, 2015
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Source: Bought it
Where to find: Goodreads / Amazon / Book Depository
Summary: Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.

She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?

In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing.
“People come in and out of your life. For a time they are your world; they are everything. And then one day they’re not. There’s no telling how long you will have them near.”
I feel like for a conclusion to a duology, I should not feel so unsatisfied. There were many aspects of this book that I loved and they were cute and fun. But there was also the fact that the end was overly rushed and just happened and I do not understand why Lara Jean did what she did in the end.

This duology definitely focuses on family and I really appreciate that aspect of the story. I love the Song sisters and their dad and the relationships they have with each other. I really wish there had been more Margot in this book, even if that was not feasible because she is in college.

One final note, I loved how in middle school it was Team Peter and Team John and something similar came into play in this book. It was a nice little touch.

Overall, this was a disappointment for me. I did not appreciate where the story went and while I understand this showcases Lara Jean who is very sheltered and inexperienced, I'm still frustrated. I also feel like the ending was way too rushed. There was a point in the last fifteen or so pages where I was convinced we were going to be left with another cliffhanger.


What are your thoughts on the book and the duology as a whole? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I was extremely disappointed as well. It didn't feel like a good end to a duology and honestly it just didn't feel nearly as good as the first book.

    ReplyDelete