Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Teaser Tuesday #22- Nil

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme where you post a quote from a book you are currently reading. It is hosted by A Daily Rhythm.
"And once the mask falls off, so does the glamour. That's the island of Nil in a nutshell. Blow-your-mind gorgeous, until you peel away the facade and see her for who she really is.
                                                                       - Nil by Lynne Matson
I finished this book yesterday and I just loved the premise and the setting with this almost sentient island that controls everyone's lives and who comes and leaves the island. It is very Lost-esque. However, I must warn of insta-love because if that bothers you (like it does me), this book may not be for you.

Find the book here: Goodreads / Amazon / Book Depository

Let me know in the comments what book you are currently reading!

6 comments:

  1. What an interesting premise with the idea of an almost sentient island. You've definitely got me curious. I am not a big fan of instalove, but sometimes I can overlook it if the rest of the story is good.

    Here's mine:
    http://www.literaryfeline.com/2015/08/where-is-your-bookmark-08042015.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fascinating. One for my wish list:)

    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/08/04/teaser-tuesdays-124-my-life-as-a-white-trash-zombie/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the plot for this looks really intriguing and that's a beautiful teaser. Might have to add this to my ever-growing list! :)

    My TT: https://thebookbrief.wordpress.com/2015/08/04/teaser-tuesday-19/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the teaser and the plot looks interesting. My Teaser is from Spider's Trap by Jennifer Estep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Insta-love does bother me so this might not be a book I'd enjoy. However, an almost-sentient island does sound intriguing.
    My Tuesday post features SHELTER US.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes I think i could read this easily and i'm right with you on the insta-love:

    Here's mine: http://www.girl-who-reads.com/2015/08/short-stories-for-light-summer-reading.html

    ReplyDelete