Monday, October 5, 2015

My Unfinished Series...

I feel like with my growing problem of starting series and never finishing them, I need to hold myself accountable for finishing series before I start yet another one. I did it with The Infernal Devices waiting almost 2 years before reading Clockwork Princess. I also waited a year to read City of Heavenly Fire. Don't even get me started on Divergent and how long it took me to read the last two books in that series. That being said I'm convinced part of the reason I do not finish series anymore is because of the disappointment with by Mockingjay and Breaking Dawn. I was excited for both of them and they were both huge let downs compared to other books in their respective series. I think that disappointment keeps me from finishing books because if I do not finish the series I will never be disappointed. So today's post is going to be a list of all the series I'm currently in the middle of and I'll also note if I own the next book in the series or not. Basically if I have started it and am not caught up with all current releases or last installments it will be listed.

  1. The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout (I have the entire series but still need to read Origin and Opposition)
  2. The Dark Elements Trilogy by Jennifer L. Armentrout (I still need to read the last two)
  3. The Syrena Legacy by Anna Banks (I still need to read Of Neptune)
  4. The Magisterium Series by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare (The Copper Gauntlet just came out but I still need to read so it is on this list)
  5. The Modern Faerie Tales Trilogy by Holly Black (I own the entire trilogy but still need to read Valiant and Ironside)
  6. The Darkest Minds Trilogy by Alexandra Bracken (I have only read first book)
  7. The House of Night Series by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast (I own 1-4 and have only read the first two)
  8. The Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie (I need to read Reached the final book in the trilogy)
  9. Something Strange and Deadly Trilogy by Susan Dennard (I have only read the first book)
  10. The Chemical Garden Trilogy by Lauren Destefano (I have only read the first book)
  11. Penryn and the End of Days Trilogy by Susan Ee (I have not read End of Days but it is still a more recent release so not terrible)
  12. Broken Hearts and Revenge Trilogy by Katie Finn
  13. The Hush, Hush Series by Becca Fitzpatrick (I own Finale but have yet to pick it up)
  14. The Scarlet Trilogy by A.C. Gaughen (I need to buy and read Lion Heart)
  15. The Precious Stone Trilogy by Kerstin Gier (I have only read Ruby Red)
  16. The Luxe Series by Anna Godbersen (I have read the first two books)
  17. The Sweet Trilogy by Wendy Higgins (I have not read the new companion book, granted it only just came out but for completeness it is listed)
  18. The Watersong Quartet by Amanda Hocking (I have read the first two and own Tidal, #3)
  19. The Tiger Saga by Colleen Houck (I have only read the first book)
  20. The Silo Series by Hugh Howey (I have only read the first book)
  21. The Queen of the Tearling Trilogy by Erika Johansen (I own the 2nd just have not picked it up yet)
  22. The Shades of London Series by Maureen Johnson (I own all three books but I have only read the first one)
  23. The Brokenhearted Series by Amelia Kahaney (I have only read the first book)
  24. The Control Duology by Lydia Kang (I have only read the first book)
  25. The Chronicles of Nick Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon (I just need to read the most recent book Instinct, #6)
  26. His Fair Assassin Trilogy by Robin LaFevers (I have only read the first book)
  27. The Alienated Series by Melissa Landers (I have only read Alienated but I have an ARC of Invaded)
  28. The Lorien Legacy Series by Pittacus Lore (I have only read the first book but honestly do not know if I want to continue or not)
  29. The Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu (I need to read Champion to finish the trilogy)
  30. The Jasper Dent Trilogy by Barry Lyga (I have only read the first book)
  31. The Fate Trilogy by Heather Lyons (I have only read the first book and do not know if I want to continue, I never heart anything about the series)
  32. The Shatter Me Trilogy by Tahereh Mafi (I have only read first book and I enjoyed it so I have no idea why I have not finished the trilogy already)
  33. The Nil Trilogy by Lynne Matson (I have only read the first book)
  34. The Not a Drop to Drink Duology by Mindy McGinnis (This is yet another where I have only read the first book)
  35. The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead (I have only read the first book, but still unsure if I want to continue)
  36. Let The Sky Fall Trilogy by Shannon Messenger (I have only read the first book)
  37. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer (I have only read the first book but hope to change that by the time Winter comes out)
  38. Dorothy Must Die Trilogy by Danielle Paige (I have only read the first book)
  39. Anna and the French Kiss Trilogy by Stephanie Perkins (I just need to read Isla's story)
  40. The Black City Trilogy by Elizabeth Richards (I have only read the first book)
  41. The Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children Trilogy by Ransom Riggs (I have not read the last book sine it just came out)
  42. Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan (I read the first 3 way back when they first came out but never finished the series)
  43. Under the Never Sky Trilogy by Veronica Rossi (I have only read the first book)
  44. The Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth (I have not read Four, so I'm adding this one for completeness)
  45. The Winner's Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski (I have only read the first book(
  46. Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson (I own the whole trilogy but have only read the first book)
  47. The Archived Duology by Victoria Schwab (I still need to read The Unbound)
  48. The Zom-B Series by Darren Shan (I have only read the first book)
  49. The Bone Season Series by Samantha Shannon (I have only read the first book)
  50. The White Rabbit Chronicles by Gena Showalter (I have read the first two books)
  51. The Article 5 Trilogy by Kristen Simmons (I have only read the first book)
  52. Stand-Off by Andrew Smith (Andrew Smith is one of my favorite authors so this will not be on the list much longer I hope)
  53. Sekret Duology by Lindsay Smith (I need to read Skandal to finish out the duology)
  54. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater (I have only read the first book)
  55. The Deanna Madden Series by A.R. Torre (I have only read the first book)
  56. The 5th Wave Trilogy by Rick Yancey (I have only read the first book and did not hear great things about The Infinite Sea, so I'm hesitant)
56 unfinished series is insane, but it could be even worse. Next week I'm going to post another list post that has all the series I own but have not even started yet. Doing the series I want to start would probably be too long but what I do own will be more beneficial toward motivating me to lower my ever-growing TBR.

Here is a picture of most (40 of the 56) of first books of series on this list. Taking all these off my shelves really put into perspective how many I have yet to finish. The other 16 are series that I have started from either borrowing books from friends or from the library.

Should any of these series be moved up my TBR so I either finish them or get caught up sooner? Let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Lux and Percy Jackson should definitely be at the top of your list.

    ReplyDelete