Monday, May 23, 2016

May 23 Recommended Reads


So I'm back after a long hiatus, but I'm really excited to get back into blogging and writing full reviews and reading what other people have to say about what they are reading. My first year of Grad School is over and I now have the summer to read and devote time to this blog and the community more than I did during the school year. Coming back there are probably going to be more discussion type posts and lists until I get back into the swing of writing reviews and posting them here.

That being said, I'm going to start a new series of posts today. Basically every once and awhile, I want to post a list of my top 7 books in a certain genre, of a certain length, or even that I read at a certain time. Plus I'm also open to suggestions of what you would like me to recommend. For this first post, I'm going to recommend seven of my favorite series (and series not trilogies, that could be a different post).

  1. The Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling
  2. The Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas
  3. The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini  
  4. The Falling Kingdoms Series by Morgan Rhodes
  5. The Chronicles of Nick Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon
  6. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
  7. A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket

This was harder to do than I was expecting, but at the same time it really made me think about what it is about each of these series that has really stuck with me (even the ones that are not complete yet). There is just something special about a series that lets you completely immerse yourself in the world and the characters. And there is something to be said about the wait, whether it is a patient one or not, for the next installment to see where your "friends" are headed to next.

What are some of your favorite series?


No comments:

Post a Comment