Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

I'm going to marathon through this trilogy this week, so this review is going to be short. I'm going to do a full review of the trilogy when I finish, but wanted to get some basic thoughts out.

First, I just want to comment on how great this cover is with the mirror images of who I assume is Sophie. It is really great showing the good and the bad side.
 
The writing was meh for me, but I really enjoyed the characters and the world. I feel like Hawkins could have built up the world a little more, but I guess she has two more books for that. I also really wanted to meet Sophie's Dad, but I guess that can't happen yet. Hopefully I don't have too wait long.

This book had a lot of plot twists and I didn't not see a single one coming. Each one was a surprise. That being said I'm looking forward to continue to see where this is going.

✶ ✶ ✶ and 1/2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment