Monday, November 3, 2014

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

In honor of Retribution coming out tomorrow, I decided to read this so that I can read Retribution right away. The book was better and crazier than the first. After the first, I felt like I had a good grip on what was happening in the book and the series as a whole, but this book completely obliterated all that. I'm currently sitting here in shock because I have no idea what to expect in the final book of the trilogy. I can say that I'm super excited to read it.

The book set up what I expect to be an amazing conclusion to the trilogy. Michelle Hodkin's writing style is amazing and I absolutely love the whole unreliable narrator aspect of the story. We have no idea if we can trust Mara or if anything she is telling us is true. One minute she thinks someone is terrorizing her then we find out that she did it herself. But then there are other times where her suspicions appear to be real. This book has so many twists and turns that right now I don't even have any theories for what could possibly happen in the final book.

I'm also really glad that I was able to wait until the day before Retribution came out to read this book and that I was never spoiled. So now I only have to wait a few days to find out what is really happening in this trilogy.

5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment