Thursday, November 20, 2014

White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout

After finishing Cruel Beauty last night I was really in the mood for another demon book. That lead me to White Hot Kiss. A book about demons and gargoyles which is fantastic. I have read the first three books in the Lux series and absolutely love Jennifer L. Armentrout’s humor and writing style. White Hot Kiss did not disappoint. This book was filled with the same witty banter between characters and the humor I enjoyed in the Lux series.

This book was also way fluffier than other books I’ve read recently. While this book wasn’t complete fluff, it was still a much happier book. Roth and Layla are great together and I loved watching them grow from enemies to something much more. The dynamic between the two of them was great and I really need more of it. With how White Hot Kiss ended, I’m not sure what is to come in the second one, Stone Cold Touch, but I look forward to picking that book up in the near future.

Overall, this was an enjoyable quick read for me. I loved the demon aspect plus the whole Warden vs. Demon, not to mention the apocalypse thing. This book was definitely better than I was expecting, especially given the cover. But the dynamic between the characters and the writing really helped move the narrative along.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment