Friday, July 31, 2015

BookTube-A-Thon 2015 TBR

So it is almost time for the BookTube-A-Thon and while I do not make videos, I do follow many BookTubers. I've been in big slump lately but I'm hoping to be successful with this read-a-thon. The readathon is taking place between Aug 3rd and Aug 9th and is being hosted by a bunch of different people including Ariel Bissett. There are 7 "challenges" for this read-a-thon and I'm hoping to complete all of them.

1// Read a book with blue on the cover
2// Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name
3// Read someone else's favourite book
4// Read the last book you acquired
5// Finish a book without letting go of it
6// Read a book you really want to read
7// Read seven books

Here are my choices:

For the blue book I'm going with Nil by Lynne Matson. I recently got this so I'm looking forward to picking it up.

By far my most ambitious choice is for author who shares same first letter of last name. I'm going with The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson. I really want to read this trilogy and need an excuse to start it.

The hardest one to choose was someone else's favorite book. For this I'm going with a book/companion series that everyone raves about. I loved Anna and the French Kiss and just haven't picked up Lola and the Boy Next Door yet. So I cannot wait to pick up another Stephanie Perkins book.

For the last book I acquired, that would have to be Armada by Ernest Cline. I'm a little worried about this one because they was so much hype, but I have heard it does not live up to Ready Player One. What helps me in this situation, is the fact that I have not read Ready Player One Yet. Hopefully I will enjoy it because the premise is intriguing.

As for the most "ridiculous" challenge of finishing a book without letting go of it, I've chosen a short book in One Thing Stolen by Beth Kephart.

I'm going to read my eARC of Beastly Bones for book I really want to read, since I have been putting it off and it comes out in September.

Finally, for the seventh book to finish up the last challenge, I'm going with The Girl in 6E by A. R. Torre. Shannon from Leaninglights and Lindsey from Lindsey Rey have both read and enjoyed this book, so I'm looking forward to it.

I will be tweeting throughout the read-a-thon and doing daily updates there, along with instagram posts. 

Are you participating? What is your TBR?

No comments:

Post a Comment