Monday, September 14, 2015

Review: The Girl in 6E by A.R. Torre



Title: The Girl in 6E
Author: A.R. Torre
Publication Date: July 8th, 2014
Publisher: Redhook
Source: Bought it
Where to find: Goodreads / Amazon / Book Depository
Summary: I haven't touched a human in three years. That seems like it would be a difficult task, but it's not. Not anymore, thanks to the internet.

I am, quite possibly, the most popular recluse ever. Not many shut-ins have a 200-member fan club, a bank account in the seven-figure range, and hundreds of men lining up to pay for undivided attention.

They get satisfaction, I get a distraction. Their secret desires are nothing compared to why I hide... my lust for blood, my love of death.

Taking their money is easy. Keeping all these secrets... one is bound to escape.

What if you hid yourself away because all you could think of was killing? And what if one girl's life depending on you venturing into society?

Enter a world of lies, thrills, fears, and all desires, in this original thriller from A. R. Torre.
“Hope, in general, is dangerous. Hope can be the loose thread that pulls apart your sanity.”
FYI: This book is an erotic thriller so it has mature content. So keep that in mind if you want to read it.

This book never would have been on my radar if it weren't for Shannon (@leaninglights) or Lindsey (@lindseyrey) on Youtube. They were both pleasantly surprised to find that they enjoyed this erotic thriller. Now I do not read erotic ever, I've read Fifty Shades of Grey but that was solely due to its popularity and to see how bad it really was. So I was a little weary about this book, but trusted Shannon and Lindsey's recommendation. 

I have to say that I enjoyed the complexity of Deanna and what this book had to offer. I absolutely love moral gray characters. I love when your protagonist is not someone you easily connect with or completely agree with. I like when the character is struggling with this dark essence for lack of a better term. 

This book reminded me a lot of Dexter if he was a female except the whole cybersex thing. Deanna has hidden herself away to protect others from her killer tendencies and it was fascinating to see how she lived her life in near seclusion. 

This book had a lot of different perspectives throughout it other than just Deanna. I really enjoyed these other perspectives that showcased more of what was going on and what people were thinking. I would say the majority was from Deanna's perspective but every once in awhile you got someone different. 

I really think this series (not sure if it is a series or simply a trilogy) has a lot of potential and I'm really looking forward to picking up the next book and following Deanna on her next adventure. There was definitely a lot of character growth in this book and I'm interested to see how that changes Deanna in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment