Monday, May 25, 2015

Review: Lady Thief by A.C. Gaughen


Title: Lady Thief
Author: A.C. Gaughen
Publication Date:  February 11th, 2014
Publisher: Walker Childrens
Source: Bought it
Where to find: Goodreads / Amazon / Book Depository
Summary: Scarlet’s true identity has been revealed, but her future is uncertain. Her forced marriage to Lord Gisbourne threatens Robin and Scarlet’s love, and as the royal court descends upon Nottingham for the appointment of a new Sheriff, the people of Nottingham hope that Prince John will appoint their beloved Robin Hood. But Prince John has different plans for Nottingham that revolve around a fateful secret from Scarlet’s past even she isn’t yet aware of. Forced to participate at court alongside her ruthless husband, Scarlet must bide her time and act the part of a noblewoman—a worthy sacrifice if it means helping Robin’s cause and a chance at a future with the man she loves. With a fresh line of intrigue and as much passion as ever, the next chapter in Scarlet’s tale will have readers talking once again.
“His grin by the moon were wicked and handsome. 'Thief of my heart.'” - pg. 115
This book starts off about a month or so after the events of Scarlet. We see the aftermath of those events and how it affects everyone. We got Allan a Dale in this one and that made everything great. I really hope we get to see more of him in the last book of the trilogy. Especially once he joins up with the band and works with them rather than only with Scarlet.

This book was a lot of pain and suffering for both Scar and Robin and I did not appreciate that at all. And it set up the third book to be just as bad, if not worse. But it does look like the final book with be about more than just Nottinghamshire and cover more of England. 

There is not much I can say about this book because of spoilers, but I can say that I did prefer Scarlet to Lady Thief. I think this book definitely set up a lot of the series, and what is to come.  I definitely was not prepared for the secret that was revealed and I'm very intrigued to see how it plays out in the next book. 

The writing in this book was the same authentic style that I loved in Scarlet and I appreciated that it was continued in this book just as flawlessly as in the first.  
 

Let me know your thoughts on the book and the trilogy in the comments! I cannot wait to get my hands on Lion Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment