Friday, May 29, 2015

#TBRTakedown TBR

So the awesome Shannon (@leaninglights) is hosting a readathon next week to help decrease the ever growing TBR. The readathon goes from June 1st to June 7th and I will be participating! There are five challenges to go along with this readathon and they are:

1. A book that's been on your TBR shelf over a year!
2. An unread sequel sitting on your TBR shelf.
3. A first book in a series on your TBR shelf.
4. An "out of your comfort zone" book on le TBR shelf!
5. A book from your most recent book haul!

Honestly this was a hard TBR to decide on, but I have chosen 5 books to fit these challenges.


For a book that has been on my TBR over a year I'm going with Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I've started this book twice now and haven't finished it, so I just need to finish it and this is a great opportunity.

As for an unread sequel, I'm going with Through the Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter. I loved the first one so now is a good time to read the 2nd one.

The first book in a series one is hard because I have so many but I'm going with Sekret by Lindsay Smith. I recently won it in a giveaway, so I really want to read it. Plus spies and Russia, it should be great!

My out of my comfort zone book is A Letter to My Mom, I got this for review from BloggingForBooks and need to read. Again this readathon is a great time to do that.

Finally, for a recent book haul, I really want to read Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. So I'm tentatively going to say it for this challenge, but I'm going to read the other 4 books first and then determine if I will have time to finish Outlander. If I do not think I will, I will probably pick up The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen or Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick.

No comments:

Post a Comment