Friday, January 23, 2015

The Silence of Six by E. C. Myers

“What is the silence of six, and what are you going to do about it?”

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. While it opens with a pretty gruesome suicide, the rest of the book takes you on a journey to solve Evan’s last question. Evan’s death leaves our main character, Max, to figure out the clues Evan left him to expose the coverup. This is a story of cover-ups, conspiracy theories, and hacking.

I really enjoyed the pace of this book. Max, Penny, and Risse were on the run trying to fit the pieces together. The three of them working together were able to solve the puzzle and expose the corruption. This book had a lot of technical computer jargon, but Myers did a really good job of explaining what it meant. I’m no expert on computers or hacking, but it all seemed accurate (and believable) to me.

I flew through this book, part of that was because I read it during #RYBSAT, but it was mostly because of how much I enjoyed this book. I didn’t want to put it down, I wanted to figure out all the clues and answer the question Evan poses in the first chapter.

I think this is one of those books you should go into without knowing much about. Honestly, simply watching the book trailer (here) should suffice to grab your attention and convince you to pick up this book.

♛ ♛ ♛ ♛ ♛

No comments:

Post a Comment