Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday- Antiheroes

Top 5 Wednesday was created by GingerReadsLainey on Youtube. This week's topic is antiheroes. This list was hard for me to come up with since there are so many characters that you could call an antihero, but I wanted to really find the best ones.

Going from bottom to top:



5. Adelina from The Young Elites by Marie Lu. She has a lot of demons and history she is going to  have to work through in the next books.









4. Nick from Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I was not going to use him in this list, but I decided that he is so complex and intriguing as a character that I had to.







3. Celaena from The Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas. If you know me at all you knew she would be on this list. She is the perfect example of characters who have a lot going on under the surface and as we learn more about her and her past (especially in The Assassin's Blade) you learn just how conflicted she is. 






2. Draco from The Harry Potter Series. He is the epitome of the antihero. Draco is conflicted by both school ties, family ties, and his own personal desire for power and prestige. Many people do not realize how complex and layered Draco is and that is a shame.






1. Morpheus from The Splintered Trilogy. Again this should have been obvious because he is by far my favorite literary character. I have not even read the entire trilogy yet and I can say that. Morpheus is one of those characters that makes you think about what he true goal is and he definitely lies in the gray area of good and evil. He is a fascinating character, like the others on this list, that is layered and complex.



Let me know who your favorite antiheroes are in the comments!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment