Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday- Authors You Would Like To Meet

I've been lucky enough to meet a bunch of authors in my life including John Green, Holly Black, Cassandra Clare, and many others.

As for those that I have not met, I have to go with these 5:


  1. Sarah J. Maas. She is at the top of the list because she is my favorite author. The Throne of Glass series is perfect and the characters are amazing. Also, I'm so excited for the new trilogy with fairies and Beauty and the Beast. A Court of Thorns and Roses comes out May 5th and I have had it preordered for over a month!
  2. Pierce Brown. The Red Rising Trilogy is so action packed with so many twists and turns and I never know where it is going to go. Pierce Brown is hilarious from what I've heard and just a genuinely awesome person.
  3. J. K. Rowling. She is obviously going to be on this list because of how much the HP series means to me. Those books were coming out at the perfect time in my life where they had the greatest impact on me. On top of the HP books, the Cormoran Strike series is great. I love JKR's ability to write mystery.
  4. Andrew Smith. He is another new favorite. I don't typically read contemporary books, but Andrew Smith's writing is awesome and I love the wit and humor throughout the books. Winger will always be my favorite contemporary and I cannot wait for Stand-Off. 
  5. Scot Westerfeld. Picking a fifth author was hard because there were so many choices. I decided to go with Scott Westerfeld because I've read and enjoyed so many of his series. The Uglies series is a series I loved and one of the first dystopians I read. Plus his Midnighters series. I have yet to read Leviathan or Afterworlds but I will get to them eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment