Friday, September 19, 2014

Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas


This series just keeps getting better and better. Heir of Fire was definitely the best book so far. Celaena was broken for a lot of this book, but Rowan is there to ground her. I loved all the background we got on Celaena's childhood. Plus the training sessions with Rowan were awesome!

The character and world development in this book was extraordinary and you can tell Sarah J. Maas is setting up the rest of the series.
 
I loved the alternating perspectives between Celaena and Rowan's story, Dorian and Chaol, and Manon and the witches. It let us know what was going on beyond what Celaena was experiencing. I'm not really sure what the purpose of Manon's story was/is, but I trust that it will become apparent in the next book. And Manon's story was interesting in terms of where she stands with or against Celaena.

And the new characters in the book, especially Rowan and Sorcha. They were great companions to the established characters when they needed it.

Overall this book was everything I wanted and now I need the next one.

5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment