Friday, September 12, 2014

Teardrop by Lauren Kate

So this cover is beautiful, right? And I for one am huge sucker when it comes to covers. I know we shouldn't judge books by their covers, but I'm sure we all do it at times. However, this book is an example of a huge let down...
 
The book did not really have much going for it. Other than the interesting Atlantis storyline. It was confusing and the end was rushed. It was just like all of the sudden it was battle time and Eureka was on the verge of completing the prophecy.

On top of that, Ander was just down right creepy. I don't care that it was his job to look after her, he was basically stalking her. And it really bothered me that Eureka called her mom Diana. I know it was kind of explained, but the reason wasn't sufficient for me. It screams of a messed up childhood and unloving relationship. Granted Eurkea does mention at one point that her mom hit her for crying, so there is that.

Overall, this book had a good idea behind it, it just was not written in a way I enjoyed. And I think I have learned my lesson when it comes to Lauren Kate. I read Fallen and it was just as disappointing. I don't think I will be reading anymore of her books now. 


1.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment