Friday, April 3, 2015

Reading Slumps...

So ever since I marathoned The Chronicles of Nick during #Gautierathon, I've been in the biggest reading slump. I've read three books since then, but they have each been a struggle to get through.

For me I've basically been coming up with excuses to not read everyday. Part of this is overwhelming school work, plus the book "hangover" post Chronicles of Nick. I have also had 4 major papers due the last two weeks, so that has definitely not helped the situation.
But I want to read, I just cannot seem to get into a book and read straight through it like I typically do. I normally can read a book every three or four days, but I'm getting to the point where I read 100 pages one day, then do not read at all for 2 or 3 days.

I decided to write this post up today to see what other people's strategies are for overcoming reading slumps. For me, I think it is best if I do not force myself to read. I need to just let myself pick up a book when it feels right, and not to worry too much about reading as much as I have been. I have been really lucky the last 6+ months with great reading months, where I'm constantly starting and finishing books. But right now, I'm just in one of those moods where I'm not feeling the motivation to read.

I think I'm going to put down Rumors for a bit and try reading Rebel Spring this weekend. A good old fantasy may be just what I need to get myself out of this funk, but we will see.

What other suggestions do you have? What do you do to get out of slumps? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment