Monday, October 6, 2014

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson


Everyone is constantly  talking about this book. And I have to say, it is definitely as good as everyone says. After finishing my last book, I needed something light and happy. This book was exactly what I needed. It was entertaining and the characters were real.

This was a contemporary which is typically not my genre. However, the idea of a road trip across America sounds amazing. I loved watching Amy and Roger grow both as individuals and as a couple throughout the book. They were both what the other needed at that time in their lives.

I absolutely loved all the playlists throughout the book and the scrapbook pages about their trip. The one aspect of this book that was slightly disappointing was the end. I really would have loved to know more about what the results of the detour were. Like what happens with her mother, Julia, and Charlie. Plus of course what happens between Roger and her. But at the same time the ending was perfect since it ended at the end of their detour. She was finally in Connecticut which was the goal all along.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and it was a quick read. While this may have been better to read in the summer, I still thoroughly enjoyed it. After reading this, I definitely will be picking up more of Morgan Matson’s books in the future.

5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment