Sunday, October 12, 2014

Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick

So this is the Bookspolosion book of the month for October. And yes I just bought this book yesterday and I’m already done with it. Don’t judge. Becca Fitzpatrick has also written the Hush, Hush Series which I absolutely adored! So I was definitely looking forward to see what else Becca Fitzpatrick could right. This book did not disappoint. She is definitely able to write an eerie, mysterious, thrilling book.

The main character in this book is Britt. She is an average teenager who has still not gotten over her ex and is hoping this backpacking trip will be the key for them to get back together. But everything is not as it seems. I found it a little hard to believe that the way Britt and Korbie’s parents are described that they would let them drive up to the cabin with a storm coming. I just don’t believe they wouldn’t have checked the weather before letting them leave. But I understand they had to get stranded on the mountain for the plot to occur.

As for the love story in this book, it bothered me for a lot of the book that this girl was falling in love with one of her captors. But as we learned more about Mason, it started to bother me less. I think the love story could have been written a little bit differently to make it not so weird to fall in love with your captor.

Overall, I really enjoyed this style of writing from Becca Fitzpatrick. I definitely think she should continue to write novels with this thriller aspect. Was this an amazing book, no. However,  I did enjoy it.

4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment