Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

Greek mythology is always something I have enjoyed. And this was a really interesting take on it. The book basically revolves around Kate, who is being tested to see if she can take on the role of Persephone, and then there is Henry AKA Hades. The book takes place in Eden, MI and is centered around Kate learning about the Olympians and learning a little at a time about the Underworld.

All of this is complicated by the fact that Kate still has to pass 7 tests to be accepted and no one has passed before her.  All previous 11 have died. And to add to that, someone is trying to keep Kate from passing the tests.

This book did not have much action, but since it is the first in a series, it focused more on Kate learning about this hidden world and the Gods. This book was about Kate coming to terms with her future whether she passed or failed. The book also largely focused on the budding romance between Henry and Kate. I really appreciated how their relationship unfolded. It did not seem too rushed or fake to me. It progressed as expected without being annoying.

Aimee Carter has a unique writing style that really pulled me into the story. I got through this book really fast because it was intriguing and it was also shorter than a lot of other books. There were a lot of twists and turns in this book. And the end revelation really surprised me, but that may be because I read the book so fast. Overall, it was an enjoyable read and I will be picking up the next one in the future.

4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment