Sunday, October 19, 2014

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn


I have been wanting to read this for a while, but when my cousin texted me yesterday morning raving about this book, I knew I needed to finally get around to it. Plus with the movie out now, I don’t want to get spoiled. I was up until 4 am last night finishing this book. Initially I was just going to finish the first part of the book, but that quickly turned into finishing the whole book because I was so engrossed.

The book is told from Nick’s perspective during the investigation and Amy’s diary perspective detailing Nick and her’s marriage leading up to the incident. I really enjoyed learning about this couple from the two points of view. It gave me as the reader different perspectives to look at as I tired to guess what was going on before we actually found out. Throughout Nick’s chapters there we all these little clues and red herrings where he would mention how many times he had lied to the police or how he smiled at the wrong moment. I loved how Flynn used these to make it grayer about what was happening.

 I don’t want to say too much about the plot because it is really best to go into this book mostly blind. But let me just say this is a messed up story, about messed up characters, who do messed up things. And it is absolutely nuts how much thought had to go into to creating this story and making everything connect and work out. I applaud Flynn’s ability to write this insanely good thriller.

4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment