Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday- Futuristic Books

Top 5 Wednesday was created by GingerReadsLainey on Youtube. This week's topic is Futuristic Books.

Going from bottom to top:




5. Control by Lydia Kang. This was an interesting book focusing on evolution and genetics. I really enjoyed this and really want the sequel (even though there was a cover change). 




4. Cinder by Marissa Myers. I read this book on a whim and have not read any of the others in the Lunar Chronicles, but I really enjoyed the cyborgs and the fairytale retellings. I think at some point this year, once Winter comes out, I will binge read the whole series.




3. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. I had to choose this classic for this list. This book was beyond enjoyable, even if the premise is horrifying. This is yet another classic that I really should reread and hopefully I can get around to that in the near future.





2. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. Absolutely loved this series when it was first coming out. I really need to reread them since it has been awhile. I chose Uglies just because it had the most about the world since it was the first.






1. Red Rising and Golden Son by Pierce Brown. Hands down this is one of the best if not the best trilogy. The pace and action is just so amazing. Plus Pierce Brown is an amazing writer. I really need Morning Star so I can find out what happens to Darrow and all his friends.




Let me know what your favorite futuristic books are in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment