Monday, February 23, 2015

#ProjectTBR Read-A-Thon Wrap Up

As expected I was fairly unsuccessful in this read-a-thon. School just kind of got overwhelming last week and I was not motivated to read as much as I would have liked. I finished 3 of the 5 books I wanted to read. I know that sounds good, but I didn't even start Afterworlds (which was the more than 500 page book).


Basically, I first read Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith which I thoroughly enjoyed. I just love Andrew Smith's writing.

After that, I picked up Jackaby. If you read my review you will see that I struggled with rating this book. There were aspects that I absolutely loved and aspects that were bothersome. Overall, though I really enjoyed the characters.

And then finally I read, Shovel Ready. This was a mediocre book. It did however have an interesting plot and a unique writing and storytelling style.

So there you have it, I completed the challenges for green on the cover, under 250 pages, and underrated book. Hopefully the next read-a-thon I do, I will be more successful. But I did get three more books off my TBR so I'm getting closer to #0by16

No comments:

Post a Comment