Monday, March 2, 2015

February 2015 Wrap-Up/March 2015 TBR


I was in a major funk for part of this month and a large part of that was sticking with a book I should have put down way earlier, but I will talk about that in a bit. As for books I actually read, I read 12 books. I'm pretty happy with this number all things considered.

As for #0by16, I'm going home for Spring Break this month so I'm going to get an actual number so I can give better estimates. But I did acquire more books that I wanted to this month. I did not spend any of my own money for these books which is good. However, I will never accomplish #0by16 if I acquire too many more books. After The Alex Crow and The Infinite come next week, I will be doing a book haul to show you what I have acquired since my last one.

As for what I actually read, here is the list:
  1. The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black (4 Crowns)
  2. Pig Island by Mo Hayder (4 Crowns)
  3. The Glittering World by Robert Levy (3 Crowns)
  4. Gates of Thread and Stone by Lori M. Lee (4.5 Crowns)
  5. Wither by Lauren DeStefano (3 Crowns)
  6. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (4.5 Crowns)
  7. Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith (4 Crowns)
  8. Jackaby by William Ritter (3.5 Crowns)
  9. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger (4 Crowns)
  10. Shovel Ready by Adam Sternbergh (3 Crowns)
  11. The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima (3 Crowns)
  12.  The Infinite by Lori M. Lee (4.5 Crowns)
As you may recall, one of the books from my TBR jar for February was The Calling (Endgame). From the first moment I picked up the book, I was not at all interested in it. The writing was odd, there were too many characters to follow, and I just did not care about them. Add to that the short chapters and the constant POV changes and I was far from intrigued. At first I told myself I was going to get through it. But after putting it off and reading and enjoying other books, I decided to DNF'd it. I just could not justify forcing myself to finish it, when I could be reading something better (If you couldn't tell I'm really torn about DNF books in general).

March TBR

Keeping with what I did last month, I will again be picking four books out of my TBR jar. I also will definitely be reading The Alex Crow as soon as it comes and I would like to start the Chronicles of Nick series during my spring break, but we will see.  

And the winners this month are...
 

1. Red Hill by Jamie McGuire
2. Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts
3. Rumors by Anna Godberson
4. Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld (I promise I actually picked this out of the jar)


As always let me know how you did in February and what your plans are for March! Or if you have any thoughts on DNF books.

No comments:

Post a Comment