Sunday, December 28, 2014

The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon

This book took me a long time to get through, but it was well worth it. This book has a lot of new terminology and phrases. The glossary in the back and both the map and the chart of Clairvoyants in the front are extremely useful in this book as you learn about the world of clairvoyants and Rephaim.

The world Samantha Shannon has created is so unique and well-thought out. I really enjoyed learning all about the different clairvoyants and how the Rephaim fit in with it all.

The beginning of this book is quite the information dump with new terminology and a lot of background on the Scion and London. But once Paige is settled in at Sheol I, the plot thickens as she learns more about Warden and the Bone Seasons and what it means to be clairvoyant.

I think this book did a good job setting up the series and the fight against the Rephaim and Scion. I cannot wait to read the Mime Order and learn more about this world.

I really enjoyed the progression of Paige and Warden’s relationship throughout the book. Samantha Shannon did an incredible job of detailing their lives in Sheol I.

 
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ stars

No comments:

Post a Comment